WOTM Career Pathway Resources
As an organization, we aim to equip and inspire the manufacturing community with tools to help individuals get a head-start on their careers—no matter what stage of their lives they are in.
Below you will find a list of resources our career pathways committee has found helpful:
- Career Clusters | The National Career Clusters® framework provides structure and organization to develop quality Career Technical Education, or CTE, programs, curriculum design, and instruction. There are currently 16 career clusters in this framework, including Health Science, Manufacturing, STEM, and Information Technology.
- Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) | The ISBE has endorsed pathways for emerging markets and “hot” jobs in the state of Illinois including Health Sciences and Technology, Information Technology, and METT areas. This program also includes work-based learning videos and Career Technical organizations that students in high school can get involved in.
- CareerOneStop | A great source for employment information and inspiration, managing your career, finding your pathway to career success, and tools to help individuals in various stages of their careers.
- Banzai! | Banzai is an interactive, award-winning course that teaches real-world finance using lifelike financial scenarios such as saving toward a goal while dealing with setbacks. These courses support elementary through high school levels.
- Career Cruising | A program designed to encourage self-exploration and planning by engaging people in a process that helps shape their future. This program supports K-12 as well as adults. There are even programs that connect employers, educators, and future employees.
- The Workforce Connection | The goal of Workforce Connection is to ensure the capability of individuals and businesses meet and exceed expectations to effectively compete in the global economy—specifically in Boone, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties. This organization ensures individuals are employed in proper positions for their skill sets, while also helping organizations fill their workforce with skilled individuals. Other resources are also provided including educational opportunities and training.
- Growth Dimensions | By fostering economic opportunity and personal growth, this organization provides a progressive and cooperative environment that improves quality of life in Boone County. By creating jobs, promoting community assets, and stimulating capital investment through business retention and attraction efforts, Growth Dimensions works to advance a coordinated economic development strategy for the area.
The various committees within WOTM help plan and execute community events, develop the scholarship program, and increase and retain membership while helping further our mission.
The following are the committees available for members to be a part of:
- Career Pathways Committee
- Educational Programming Committee
- Scholarship Committee